Tuesday, June 23, 2009

108 HOURS

In 108 hours, Candace and Sara arrive and our program officially begins. The last couple of days have been spent travelling all across Kigali making the final logisitical arrangements for the program. Yesterday, for example, we tracked down suitable accomodation and tranpsort.

Also in the last couple of days, I have started to come to terms not only with how important it is for our project to succeed, but also how ambitious a project ours really is.

The good news is that everyone we have met here in Rwanda has been extremely supportive so far. They have put faith in strangers, freeing up their schedules to meet us, offering any support they possibly can. Yesterday I found out that if we want to meet the President, all it takes is an official request. While I don't think we will meet the President, my general feeling is that people here want us to succeed. In the wisdom of one of my Rwandan hosts, nothing can stop the power of a positive idea.

I am off to luch.

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment